Manufacturer: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
MRP: Rs. 122.50
Unit Price: Rs. 30.62
Package Price: Rs. 122.50 (Qty.: 4)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: tablet
What is Caverta?
Caverta is a medicine which has the ability to curb hypertension by reducing blood pressure. Caverta has the potential to dilate blood vessels by relaxing muscles which control the movement of blood vessels.
Composition of Caverta:
The active component of Caverta is Sildenafil which acts on blood vessels. Sildenafil acts via the medium of other components of Caverta which are neutral and do not interfere with the drug action.
What is Caverta Used for?
The therapeutic indications of Caverta are as follows:
- Erectile dysfunction
Caverta is useful in disorders which have hypertension as a prominent symptom. But other symptoms of the disease and the underlying cause may require other medical treatment as well.
Side Effects of Caverta:
Caverta tends to cause side effects if the medicine is taken in excess or without any medical indication. Patients who are hypersensitive to Sildenafil may also experience some unpleasant effects if they use Caverta. Some of these side effects are mentioned below:
- Light headedness
- Flushed face
- Hot flushes
- Altered sleep pattern
Apart from these, other side effects may also be experienced by patients who are on a course of Caverta. Patients should stop taking the medicine immediately if they experience a progressive increase in the intensity of side effects.
Precautions for Caverta Consumption:
Patients who are on a course of Caverta are advised to follow certain instructions. These instructions help in avoiding harmful drug reactions and in maximizing the therapeutic effect of Caverta. Some of these indications are mentioned below:
- Caverta should be used only when it has been prescribed by a physician and in the prescribed dose only.
- Patients suffering from vascular disorders like varicose veins, Raynaud's syndrome, aneurysm should not use Caverta without consulting with a physician.
- Caverta is not meant for consumption by small children.
- If a dose of Caverta is missed, the next dose should not be doubled. This could lead to health complications.
- If patients are taking Caverta for treatment of erectile dysfunction, they should not be using any aphrodisiac at the same time.
- If patients do not experience any relief after using Caverta, they should not continue with the medicine. It is imperative to inform the doctor at the earliest so that medication can be changed.
Apart from these, other instructions may also be given to patients who are on a course of Caverta. Patients should follow all instructions to ensure a speedy and complete recovery from hypertension.
Other drugs having similar components and therapeutic action to Caverta are mentioned below:
- WOW Tablet
- Rocky Tablet
- Instarise Tablet
These medicines should be taken as a substitute to Caverta only if a physician prescribes them.
- Is Caverta safe during pregnancy?
Caverta should be taken by pregnant ladies and lactating mothers only after consulting with a gynecologist. It could be a potential risk for the baby and mother both to take the medicine without any supervision.
- Does Caverta have the ability to alter hormonal cycle?
Caverta does not contain steroids or any other artificial hormones. Therefore, the medicine does not have any capacity to alter natural hormonal cycles of patients.