Manufacturer: Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP
MRP: Rs. 109.00
Unit Price: Rs. 3.63
Package Price: Rs. 109.00 (Qty.: 1)
Package Form: tube
Medicine Form: GM of gel
What is Bengel AC?
Bengel AC is a local application used to treat skin disorders. The medicine acts by assisting destruction of damaged skin cells, thus treating skin disorders.
Composition of Bengel AC:
The active ingredient of Bengel AC is Benzoyl Peroxide. It acts via the medium of other components of the drug that are neutral and do not interfere with the drug action.
What is Bengel AC Used for?
The therapeutic indications of Bengel AC are mentioned below:
- Acne vulgaris
- Acne scars
Other dermatological disorders which have not been mentioned above can also be treated with Bengel AC gel.
Side Effects of Bengel AC:
Bengel AC is known to cause side effects in hypersensitive patients or in case of overuse of the medicine. Some side effects of Bengel AC Gel are mentioned below:
- Itching of skin
- Redness and swelling at the site of application
- Burning or irritation at the site of application
Patients should contact a dermatologist immediately if they experience the above mentioned or any other symptoms of discomfort, from Bengel AC consumption.
Precautions for Bengel AC Application:
Patients who have been prescribed Bengel AC gel should take care to follow some precautions in order to prevent harmful drug reactions. Some of these instructions are mentioned below:
- Bengel AC is strictly meant for external application on the skin only. It should not be swallowed or applied to any mucosa.
- Eyes should be washed with ample of cold water if they accidentally come in contact with Bengel AC gel.
- Bengel AC is not meant for application in children below 15 years of age.
- Bengel AC should not be applied over burnt, injured or bruised skin as this may cause irritation and burning of the skin.
- Patients who are allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide should not use Bengel AC gel.
Following these instructions helps in preventing any harmful drug reaction and hastens recovery.
Bengel AC Alternatives:
Other preparations of Benzoyl Peroxide which have similar therapeutic effects to Bengel AC , may be used as a substitute to the gel. Some of these medicines have been mentioned below:
- Pernex AC Gel
- Benzac AC Gel
These gels can be used in place of Bengel AC only if a dermatologist has prescribed them.
Bengel AC FAQs:
- Which skin disorders will not respond to treatment with Bengel AC?
Fungal infections, warts, psoriasis, skin cancer will not be treated with Bengel AC. These health conditions require mote intense medicinal or even radiation therapy.
- Is Bengel AC safe during pregnancy?
Pregnant women and breast feeding mothers can safely use Bengel AC. However, breast feeding mothers should not apply the gel on their breasts as it could enter the infant's body through breast milk. Women who have just delivered a baby should take care to avoid using the gel over any surgical wounds they might have had while giving birth.