Manufacturer: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
MRP: Rs. 74.00
Unit Price: Rs. 7.40
Package Price: Rs. 74.00 (Qty.: 10)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: tablet
What is Synaptol?
Synaptol is an oral muscle relaxant that helps in treating disorders occurring due to stiffness and hyper-contraction of muscles. The medicine does so by acting on the nerves which control the action of these muscles.
Composition of Synaptol:
Tolperisone is the active ingredient of Synaptol tablet and exerts its effect on the muscles, allowing them to relax. Tolperisone acts via the medium of inactive ingredients which do not interfere with the drug action.
What is Synaptol Used For?
The therapeutic indications for Synaptol are as follows:
- Stiffness of muscles due to over use
- Spinal pain
- Painful blood vessels observed in Raynaud's syndrome
- Painful muscle contraction
Side Effects of Synaptol:
The same drug effect which is therapeutic during ill health, tends to be harmful if the drug is used by a healthy person. Side effects of Synaptol may develop if the drug is used without any medical indication or if it is used in excess. Some of these side effects are mentioned below:
- Sensation of loss of muscle tone
- Excessive desire to sleep
- Hypersensitivity to external stimuli
- Nausea and vomiting
- Altered digestion
Other side effects which are not mentioned above may also be experienced by patients. It is imperative to inform the doctor soon in order to seek prompt treatment for the side effects.
Precautions for Synaptol Consumption:
Given below are some instructions which should be followed by patients who are on a course of Synaptol:
- Patients are advised to take Synaptol only if it has been prescribed by a neurologist. The dose must be in strict adherence to the prescription.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should not consume Synaptol without consulting with a gynecologist and neurologist.
- Birth control pills and Tetracyclines are known to have drug interaction with Synaptol. Patients who require to use Synaptol with either of these drugs should consult with their neurologist before hand.
- Patients who experience sleepiness from Synaptol, should avoid driving after taking a dose of the medicine.
- Patients who are suffering from Myasthenia Gravis, Parkinsonism, Multiple Myeloma are advised to avoid consuming Synaptol.
Apart from the above mentioned points, there could be other instructions as well which should be followed by patients who are on a course of Synaptol. This helps in eliminating any harmful drug effects.
Given below is a list of medicines which can be used as substitutes for Synaptol. These medicines have similar chemical composition and therapeutic action to Synaptol.
- Tolmex Tablet
- Tolperitas Tablet
- Tolkem Tablet
It is important to remember that none of the above mentioned medicines should be used as an alternative for Synaptol unless it has been prescribed by a neurologist.
- What is the ideal way of consuming Synaptol?
Synaptol is a tablet meant for oral consumption only and should not be administered into the patient's body in any other way. Ideally, a dose of Synaptol should be taken after meals in order to avoid development of acidity. The frequency of dose should be followed as per a neurologist's prescription.
- Is Synaptol safe in children?
Synaptol is not meant for usage in children. If any medical indications suggesting the usage of Synaptol are observed in children, a pediatrician should be consulted immediately.